- 1 organic banana
- 2 soaked organic dates (plus 1/4 cup soaking water from dates)
- 8 oz of frozen organic coconut mylk*
- 1 TBS of raw organic honey or organic maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp of organic pure vanilla extract or organic vanilla bean seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tsp of organic almond extract (optional)
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Live Vibe: Treats! Banana Date Smoothie (or Ice "Cream")
Live Vibe: Treats!
For Your Bohemian Holiday of Choice
Banana Date Smoothie (or Soft-serve Ice "Cream")
Add to Vitamix or blender:
Note: (double for 2 or more servings)
*Buy frozen bags of coconut mylk or pour a can of organic coconut mylk into a zip-lock bag and freeze flat on a tray, so that it can be easily broke into pieces.
Soak dates for a couple of hours or overnight.
Peel the banana.
Add everything to the Vitamix and blend until smooth. Add extra clean source water for a smoothie.
Optional: Pour 1/2 the banana ice "cream" into chilled bowels, tip to keep it on one side of the dish. Add 1/2 tsp of carob powder and extra honey to remaining banana ice "cream" in the blender. (Do not over-flavor. Carob is quite strong. The color should be light mocha. ) Pour carob ice "cream" into other side of the dish. Make a yin-yan. Serve immediately or freeze for up to 20 minutes.
Please use organic foods to enjoy the full benefits of whole living food that is expressing love!