- 1 large eggplant sliced length-wise (We left the peel on. It turns black, but no bother. It tastes great and the texture is snap-crispy! You can peel it if you are impressing the in-laws or fussy people. It does look better peeled. Use a Cut-Co peeler. Otherwise, you'll be frustrated! I'm not kidding.)
- 2 TBS of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup grade B maple syrup**
- 2 TBS of namu shoyu
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of smoky paprika (or substitute Hungarian paprika)
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste (We used gourmet peppercorn mix)
- Juice from 1 orange (optional)
- Zest from one orange (optional)
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 1 tsp of ground cumin (optional)
- tamarind paste or concentrate (available at Middle-Eastern Stores) (optional)
- VERY SMALL pinch of cayenne (optional)
|MINERALS IN DEHYDRATED FOODS|
Dried food is the most exciting way to get minerals IN BALANCE. Exciting because it tastes good and it's great to share with friends.
Nothing turns a friend on more than raw fig bars, cashew-date leather, or home-dried apple or banana -- well at least turns them on to raw foods!
You get MORE minerals in dried foods because all the water's gone, which is 70% of the cells. So you get both QUANTITY and BALANCE.
Dehydrating gives you more nutrients for less digestive work, just like juicing. It's so easy to snack on a few fig bars made from living plants in your very own Dehydrator. Compare that to gorging on all those plants if they were still plumped up with water, especially the sprouted grain. It would take forever to chew on the grains, nuts, seeds and figs in a fig bar.
To me, it's not possible to get enough minerals if you don't include dehydrated foods and juices in your life. Double Noble Laureate Dr. Linus Pauling said: "One could trace every sickness, every disease and every ailment to a mineral deficiency" (quoted in "The Power of Plant Derived Minerals" by Elmer Heinrich).
Heinrich also writes: "I have witnessed thousands of people lose weight naturally, and I mean lots of weight, after they began to consume a full spectrum of 70 or more minerals on a daily basis."
When you get the right kitchen equipment -- a Dehydrator, a Sprouter and a Juicer -- and choose ORGANIC plant foods, you will enjoy every mineral you need, more than 70, in perfect harmony.
There's over three thousand known minerals, and who knows how many we need? Only plants hide that secret. Buy your veggies, fruits and Sprouter seeds from mineral-rich organic soils.