Eat the Rainbow!
Cut up the beat greens, chard or spinach into "noodles" using the French chiffonade-method. (Wash, then roll leaves together and slice on the bias with a Chef's knife.)
Cut celery, carrots, onions, beats and anything else colorful, raw and edible you have on hand, at an angle and slightly thiner than you would for soup. Top with sprouted dehydrated Almonds and Beet Vinaigrette.
- 1/2 cup of fresh Lemon juice of Apple-cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup of oil of choice (I like first press extra virgin olive oil or raw almond oil)
- 1/4 cup of diced beets
- 2 TBS of diced onion or shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed or diced
- 2 TBS of clover honey or grade B maple syrup
- 2 or 3 pieces of dried California Sea Palm Frond, diced (optional)
- 1/2 tsp of Himalayan pink salt (or less, if using olive oil and/or sea veggies)
- 1 tsp of mild curry powder
- Fresh ground nutmeg or peppercorns, to taste
- Fresh herbs, when you’ve got um” (rosemary, thyme and sage are all wonderful with this dressing)
Mix ingredients together in a glass jar with a lid. Shake. Marinate overnight for best results. Keeps at room temperature for a day or so, indefinitely when refrigerated.
Sprouted Dehydrated Almonds
Soak raw (Sicilian or Spanish) almonds over night in clean source water with a 2 to 3 inch piece of sea vegetable of choice until plump and looking like they want to burst out of their skins.
Drain and wash almonds and sea veggie 2 times each day. Return to a clean bowel, covered, at room temperature, away from light for 8 to 24 hours.
Wash again and soak for 1 to 2 hours in clean-source water. When skins are loose, “pop” almonds out of skin. Not all will want to come out. It’s oky, you can give them a rub later when they are dry to remove stubborn skins. Discard the skins and any discolored almonds to the compost pile.
Soak the skinned almonds in a salt-water bath for at least 2 hours at room temp. Refrigerate, if it will be longer than that.
Drain the salt water. Do not wash this time. Shake the strainer to remove excess water. Place the wet almonds and sea veggie on a screen in dehydrator at 105 degrees until crisp and dry. Store in a glass jar refrigerated or frozen until ready to use.